Exceed Teaching Schools Alliance
Introducing Exceed Teaching Schools Alliance, Bradford
Our pupils and students deserve good schools where they fulfill their potential. School leaders face a wide range of challenges to achieve this but the expertise to address these exists in schools within or beyond our own community. School leaders are best placed to drive effective school improvement. At different moments in time, schools will be in a position where they can provide support to their peers, formally or informally, or they need to access support from other schools to add capacity to address a specific priority. Schools are increasingly working with each other in this way as they continue on their journey of improvement – celebrating and sharing all that is effective and addressing the challenges together to the benefit the wider educational community and the life chances of our young people. This empowers leaders and their staff and gives schools a central role in developing a self-improving and sustainable school-led system. To effectively implement this model we need to utilise every schools’ passion, intelligence and talents.
Exceed Teaching Schools Alliance is a developing community of like-minded school and system leaders who are committed to using and accessing the resources available to them – including teachers’ and leaders’ skills, expertise, and practice – to the benefit of all schools in Bradford and those across the region. Through bespoke tailored support, Exceed Teaching Schools Alliance facilitates a range of inter-related quality assured school improvement opportunities “for schools by schools” including: school to school support to address identified priorities including via the deployment of Exceed in Bradford Teaching School Alliance’s Specialist Leaders of Education (SLE); school- and classroom-focused action-research and development; leadership development programmes; collaborative professional learning networks; and School Direct initial teacher training (ITT).
Exceed TSA is a cohort five designated Teaching School led by Copthorne Primary School and Horton Grange Primary School, Bradford. As a hub for system leaders, the Alliance of member schools are contributing to shaping the local and national strategy for school improvement that makes us all “stronger through collaboration”.
Our Professional Learning Campus at Copthorne Primary School, Bradford leads on the following areas:
- School Direct Initial Teacher Training, Newly Qualified Teacher training, and Recently Qualified Teacher training
- Professional Learning, including CPD Teachers, Teaching Assistants and Support Staff. We deliver Singapore Bar Modelling training.
- Research and development projects
Our Leadership Campus at Horton Grange Primary School, Bradford leads on:
- School Leadership support, including the National Professional Qualifications, Executive Headteacher Programme, Multi-Academy Trust Leadership Programme, PREVENT and Safeguarding training, and school governance
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) and New to English (NtE) support, as a Centre of Good Practice
- School-to-school support, including National and Specialist Leader of Education (NLE and SLE) deployments and Pupil Premium Reviews
Contact Exceed Teaching Schools Alliance